I am an experienced engineer, with expertise in Coaching, Unix, Networking, Security, Automation and Virtualisation. I live in Barendrecht, the Netherlands.
Currently I spend my days as Chapter Lead (HR Manager) in the Virtualisation and Storage team within ING, where I am supported by a team of strong Virtualisation experts. I support the team with an Engineer position for the automation of the Virtualisation Platform.
- Teamplayer - Stable - Self assured - Stress resistant - Curious - Inventive - Thoughtful - Result driven - Organised
- GSEC - LPI1 - LPI2 - Itil - Checkpoint CCSA, CCSE+ - BSDA - JNCIA-JunOS - NSE1, NSE2 (Fortigate) - CISSP - CCNA - CCNP - RHCSA - RHCE8 (Ansible) - Oplossingsgericht Coachen
- Coaching, Security, Networking, Unix, Open Source, Automation, CI/CD, Management
09-2021 - Present
ING Bank NV, Rotterdam/Amsterdam
Chapter Lead Virtualization and Storage
Focus: Various virtualization solutions (VMware, vRealize Suite, HP Oneview, Dell Openmanage), Powershell, Ansible, Azure DevOps, Agile, Coaching, HR
At ING, I have a dual task. My primairy task is Engineer within the Virtualisation team, where I am responsible for the automation of the full stack, deploying VMware with it’s components on bare metal machines. I am involved in Risk Management related activies like our Risk & Security Guild. Next to my Engineering task I am also involved as HR manager for the team. I coach, and help my (highly educated and experts in the field) team to get the best out of themselves and try to find new challenges for them. We perform bilateraal (1:1) conversations occiassionally to measure how we are doing and see what we can do next. As HR Manager I am part of the MT or our Area and Tribe. As tribe wide activities I am involved in setting up an Automation Guild, where I give demo’s myself, but also write documentation on best practises and assist others with their challenges. Next I am also part of a team where I guide a group of new highly skilled engineers.
10-2006 - 08-2021
Sue B.V. (Formerly Snow B.V.), Geldermalsen
Technical Field Manager, Unix/Network/Security Consultant
Focus: Field Management, Coaching, Networking, Security, Unix
Within Sue I did a lot of various consultancy assignments, ranging from top ISP’s, financial institutes, healthcare industry and government bodies and more. My main specialties included here are: Coaching, Consultancy, Designing, Team Leading, (Technical) Projectleading, Engineering and building solutions for the customer(s). I touched a lot of various products, like Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Alcatel. Wrote a lot of parsers (shell scripts, python). I am able to speak with colleague’s, management, director level people, I can write advises and able to parse information back from management to fellow colleague’s.
- Healthcare: 2021 (Technical Specialist)
- Consultancy company: 2019-2021 (Coach)
- Government body: 2017-2019 (Sr. Unix/Network Administrator/Designer)
- Consultancy company: 2016-2017 (Sr. Unix/Network Administrator)
- Oil and Gas Company: 2016 (Sr. Network Administrator)
- Large Cable ISP: 2011-2016 (Sr. Network and Security Administrator)
- Large ISP: 2008-2011 (Sr. Network and Security Administrator)
- Financial Institute: 2006-2008 (Sr. Network and Security Administrator)
ING Bank NV:
Firewall, Unix and Security Engineer
Focus: Projects, Security administrator, Networking, Risk Management
Whenever I am not at work, busy for work or studying for work, I like to spend time with my wife & kids. I like to go out for a walk with my dog, bike, swim. I periodically get together with friends, and we chat about current life events, play a game, have a good time together, or visit the theater/concerts. I like to listen to various music flavours but mainly rock music. I like to pretend that I can drive as fast as any F1-driver in my F1 simulator, and I like to play the guitar or learn for my guitar lessons.
I read on a daily basis, sometimes about coaching, management related books, or just a fantasy book to just relax when I can.